Rimmel Apocalips

Hey lovelies!
Ok, I know everyone & their mother has reviewed the Rimmel Apocalips products so I may be a bit late to the party but I only recently picked a few up from my local Cara Pharmacy, as they were selling them at a whole €2 cheaper than the next pharmacy - one of the many reasons I love Cara!





 I picked up Big Bang (a bright red)







 Celestial (a pinkish nude)






and when I saw the lovely Cliona (check out her blog at makeupmotivationandmusings.blogspot.ie ) wearing the funky Apocaliptic (fushia pink) I had to bags that one!







So, I  thought I might as well give my cents worth on these liquid lipsticks! So, without further a do here are the positives and negatives I found with them:

PROS:

  • The doe-foot applicator made putting on the lacquer quite easy, one dip could do your whole lips
  • The pigmentation of these babies is something else! 
  • Some people have been saying they really dislike the scent but smell is a personal preference I guess - I love the scent of them!
  • They could never be described as drying lip products (which brings me to one of my cons!) so it is great for cold weather when a gal like me needs to avoid matte lippies like the plague!
However... there are a few "thumbs down" to these...

CONS:
  • They are quite sticky!! Which would be grand only they don't ever seem to dry AT ALL! As a result of this I think they can be quite messy if you are not careful
  • As they don't dry the staying power of these liquid lippies was a little disappointing...I found myself having to do touch-ups quite often.

So there is my quick low-down on the new liquid lacquers. There are a few cons to these guys but I found more pros to them & I do think they are quite handy to have in the handbag! 
Hope you found the review useful & will chat to you soon!

Take care!
Sarah L
xx



Comments

  1. I have big bang and adore it but I'm very tempted now to get Apocaliptic too! You're so right though about how long they last- I find it a bit irritating but I think it's worth it for that knock-out red! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! And it's not like a red lippie that dries out, that's a plus!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have celestial and Luna. I like them but do find them tricky... I have to put them on with a lip brush or it looks a bit patchy. They look fab when I get them on though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brush, good thinking!! Never thought of that, thanks for the tip!xx

      Delete
  3. I was mad about them when they came out first - I have Luna, Nova & Galaxy (gave Nude Eclipse to my sister, it gave me foundation lips) - I love the colour but they don't last ages, still - great product for the price! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be investing in Nova anyways, can't beat it for a quick together look!xx

      Delete
  4. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these, such amazing colours! I am a new follower. Please check out my blog if you get a chance, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment