#SBBC Day 5- a recipe I love

Hey my lovely readers!

Still in sunny Lanzarote but thanks to the wonder that is scheduled posts (how did I not know about that?!) I don't have to fret too much about wifi & all that jazz! 
So today's tag is share a recipe you love- mine isn't all that special BUT it is my favourite healthy meal, thanks to the mountain of veg you can stick into it! It's l Lemon Chicken stir fry :)


What you will need:
Chicken fillets (1 per person)
Sesame seed oil (more flavour than olive)
A Lemon
3-4 carrots
Red pepper
baby sweetcorn 
Red onion
1 small white onion 
Courgette
Mushrooms
Some root ginger, thinly sliced 
Rice noodles


What to do:

1. Cut the chicken into strips, and prepare the mushrooms, onions, pepper, carrots, courgette and ginger.


2. Heat one teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan or wok and then add the chicken. Stir-fry the chicken until browned. Add the sliced ginger in when half fried to give flavour.

3. Add the peppers, onions, courgette, carrots, sweetcorn and mushrooms. Stir and cook for couple of minutes until just tender, but still brightly coloured, and the mushrooms are just browned.

4. While these are frying squeeze the juice of a lemon, and add to some light soy sauce.


5. I usually go for the lazy option & add ready cooked rice noodles that just need to be added to the stir fry & cooked for 2mins!

6. Add the lemon & soy sauce & there you have it! A mega healthy stir fry feast!


Bon appetite my lovely readers :)


Take care 

Sarah xx




Comments

  1. That looks delicious and so healthy! Love how easy it looks too, will def be trying it! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stir frys, I have never made a lemon chicken one before but definitely will do! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks gorgeous! I'm always on the lookout for healthy and relatively simple recipes. This seems to be both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment